Transportation plays an important role in global development, especially in supporting community activities. The development of transportation is increasingly progressing, multi-disciplinary, multi-problems and gradually be perceived by all stakeholders involved in the transportation system. The paradigm shift in transportation management requires managerial competent human resources who are responsive to the dynamics of change and have the ability as economic / regional development planners, developers, engineers, especially in the implementation of regional autonomy in the Republic of Indonesia.
In order to meet the needs or the increase of human resources in the field of transportation which is multidisciplinary in nature, the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University, based on the Decree of the National Education Directorate General of Higher Education No. 1114 / D / T / 2004 and accredited “B” BAN PT No. 170 / SK / BAN-PT / AK-XI / M / VIII / 2013 and “A” credit BAN PT No. 079 / SK / BAN-PT / Ak-IV / PT / II / 2013, administers a Transportation Engineering Master Program with the Fields of Study; System Engineering and Transportation Planning and Road and Bridge Engineering.
To become a referral of education, research, and community service in the field of integrated Science and Technology of multimodal transportation with a maritime culture insight in the Southeast Asia Region.
- Educate prospective transportation planners who understand their profession, maintain commitment to the development of transportation, and improve the quality of graduates to be ready to develop into members of the intellectual community who are able to achieve the highest degree of knowledge, and have the soul and potential of independency.
- Improving the quality of education in academic resources, including the number and quality of research, scientific publications, community service and improvement of educational facilities and infrastructure.
- Conduct policy research and applied / development of science oriented to problem solving in an integrated system according to the dynamic of development of transportation needs by the community
- Obliged to develop education, research and community service and its application in the field of science and technology – integrated and sustainable transportation in the character of archipelago region, especially in the field of regional / city transportation planning techniques and sea transportation systems, which are based on multidisciplinary, multimodal and interconnectivity.
- Responsible to produce professional scientists who master the knowledge, attitudes and behavioral skills to work.
- Develop the institution to anticipate the demand for quality education in the field of transportation that is responsive to the dynamics of change.
CURRICULUM, SYLABUS AND MATERIAL
The curriculum of the Study Program is based on the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (KKNI) and the National Standards for Higher Education (SNPT) by taking into account the vision of Hasanuddin University. Overall students must pass 39 credits, and can be completed in 4 semesters. All courses are arranged to be able to obtained attitude, mastery of knowledge, and the ability to work in the master degree in transportation engineering cumulatively. The curriculum can be seen in the following Table.
|1. Philosophy of Science (C)||2||–||–||–|
|2. Transportation Research Method (C)||2||–||–||–|
|3. Transportation Engineering and Planning (C)||2||–||–||–|
|4. Sustainable Transportation (C)||2||–||–||–|
|5. Planning Node (O)||2||–||–||–|
|6. Transportation Safety (O)||2||–||–||–|
|7. Road Planning (O)||2||–||–||–|
|8. Construction Management (O)||2||–||–||–|
|9. Proposal Seminar (O)||2||–||–||–|
|Total Credits in Semester I||15|
|Bridge Planning (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Road Material (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Airport Governance (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Port Governance (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Shipping Operations (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Flight Operations (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Intermodal Integration (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Urban Transport (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Small Island Transportation System (O)||–||2||–||–|
|GIS Based Planning (O)||–||2||–||–|
|Scientific Publication (C)||–||5||–||–|
|Research Result Seminar (C)||–||4||–||–|
|Total Credits in Semester II||15|
|Total Credits in Semester III||–||–||9||–|
|Total Credits in Semester IV||–||–||–||9|
*Note: Study Period from 3 to 8 Semester.
C: Compulsory Course
O: Optional Course
Registration opened on February-April and October-November. The selection exam fees payment is Rp. 750,000, – and paid via Bank BTN throughout Indonesia to get a user ID and password (printed on proof of payment). Furthermore, form filling is done online through http://pasca.unhas.ac.id by using the user ID and password.
The tuition fee is Rp. 9.000.000,- per semester.
A. Academic Requirements
- Bachelor degree (S1) thesis path from an accredited university.
- Graduates of all Bachelor (S1)
- Have English language skills and academic abilities in accordance with the provisions of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University
- Pass the selection test of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University.
- Never declared dropping out of study in one of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University Study Programs or other postgraduate universities.
- The bachelor graduates of Hasanuddin University with the title of the best graduates in the last two years would be able to continue their education at the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University in the same field of science without an entrance examination.
B. Administrative Requirements
- Online registration form
- Copy of Identity Card;
- A copy of diploma and transcript that have been legalized by an authorized official;
- A copy of the accreditation of the origin study program and university;
- A permit from the authorized superior for those who have worked;
- Recommendations for academic eligibility (2 letters of recommendation)
- TOEFL and TPA scores (if available and still valid);
- Health certificate, in the past month;
- The latest photograph size 3 X 4 cm with a red background (1 sheet);
- Hardcopy draft research plan;
- Statement letter explains not registered as student in one of the Study Programs at Hasanuddin University;.
The lecturers and thesis supervisors in the Transportation Engineering Masters Program have transportation scientific competencies and meet the requirements of the National Higher Education Standards (SNPT).
The teaching staffs are :
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. M. Yamin Jinca, MSTr.
(Transportation Engineering, TU-Berlin Jerman)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Shirly Wunas, DEA.
(Urban Transportation Univ. Paris-Perancis)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Ananto Yudono, M.Eng.
(City Transportation and Design, Kyushu Univ. Jepang)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Herman Parung, M.Eng.
(Building Engineering, TU Darmstad-Jerman)
- Prof. Dr. M. Wihardi Tjaronge, M.Eng
(Road Material, Jepang)
- Prof. Dr. Baharuddin Hamzah, ST., M.Arch
(Architecture, Univ. Hongkong)
- Prof. Dr. Thahir Kasnawi, SU
(Population Sociology,Flinders Univ. Australia)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Abrar Saleng, SH., MH.
(Legal aspects of transportation., Univ. Padjajaran Bandung)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. M. Ramli Rahim, M.Eng.
- Prof. Dr. Muh. Asdar, SE, MSi.
(Transportation Economy, Unhas-Brawijaya)
- Prof. Dr. Syamsu Alam, SE., M.Si
(Trasportation Management, Unhas)
- Dr. Ir. Ria Rosali Wikantari, M.Arc.
(Settlement Planning, Osaka University-Jepang)
- Dr. Ir. Sumarni Hamid, MT
(Civil – Transportation Engineering, Unhas)
- Dr. Ir. Ganding Sitepu, Dipl.-Ing.
(Water Transportation, Unhas-Makassar)
- Dr. Armin Lawi, SSi, M.Eng.
- Dr. Eng. M. Isran Ramli, ST., MT
(Civil – Transportation Engineering, Kyushu University, Jepang)
- Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Rahman, ST., MT
(Civil – Geotechnical, Unhas)
- Dr. Ir. Ahmad Bakri Muhiddin, MSc.
- Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Rahim, MSTr
(Civil – Air Transportation, Unhas)
- Guest Lecturer of National Policy Practitioners
(Ministry of PUPR, Transportation / Bappenas & Other Transportation Trustees).
Can be obtained from the Administration Division of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University, Jalan Perintis Kemerdekaan, Kampus UNHAS Tamalanrea Makassar 90245. Phone Number (0411) 585034 – 585036. Fax. : (0411) 585868. E-mail : email@example.com, website: http://pasca.unhas.ac.id.
Dean : Prof. Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Jompa, M.Sc.
•Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs, Scientific Research and Publication :
Prof. Dr. Ir. Laode Asrul, M.P.
•Deputy Dean for Planning, Finance and Resources :
Prof. Dr. Hamka Naping, M.A.
•Deputy Dean for Innovation, Student Affairs, Alumni and Partnership :
Prof. Dr. Ing. Herman Parung, M.Eng.
- Head of Study Program : Dr. Ir. Ganding Sitepu, Dipl.Ing.
MASTER STUDY PROGRAM (S2)
Field of Study :
- System Engineering and Transportation Planning
- Road and Bridge Engineering
Jl. Perintis Kemerdekaan, Km. 10
Kampus UNHAS Tamalanrea, Makassar 90245
Telp. (0411) 585034 – 585036 Fax. : (0411) 585868.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org://pasca.unhas.ac.id