To become the leading study program in biomedical education and research towards the realization of Biomedical Master Study Program as the center of biomedical science and technology development based on the Indonesian Maritime Continent, which is proactive, innovative, and has nation competitiveness in 2030.
To achieve the above vision, missions of Biomedical Master Study Program are:
1. Develop professionalism and intellectuality of scholars with character, innovation, and international competitiveness through research-based learning.
2. Create, develop, preserve, and stream off science and technology in the biomedical field to produce products and research results at national and international levels that enrich knowledge in order to improve the benefit of the nation.
3. Improve the academic quality culture, and good and sustainable governance to support the international reputation by collaborating with various parties in the fields of education, research and community services.
To produce qualified Biomedical Masters:
- Having academic critical thinking skills, supported by noble morals, spirit of Pancasila and devoted to God Almighty.
- Being open, responsive to the advancement of science and technology and community issues in the biomedical field.
- Able to organize and carry out biomedical research especially in the field of concentration.
- Has broad insight in biomedical sciences especially in the field of concentration.
- Able to solve community problems in the biomedical field, especially in the area of concentration.
- Having motivation to develop themselves as scientists.
It is expected after graduated from the Biomedical Master Study Program, Physiology Concentration, the graduate students:
1. Able to master concepts and techniques of physiology and apply them in various biomedical problems.
2. Having extensive and deep knowledge in certain fields of physiology in order to develop themselves to a higher academic level.
3. Able to develop research in the field of physiology independently.
4. Able to utilize physiological concepts and techniques to solve health and medical issues in society.
Produce output with the ability:
1. Able to recognize, observe, conduct education and scientific reasoning and to find solutions to problems and communicate medical science and technology, especially in the field of Pharmacology.
2. Able to plan, organize and carry out research independently for solving problems in the field of Pharmacology.
3. Able to cooperate in planning and developing Pharmacology in an integrated manner.
Produce output with the ability:
1. Able to master microbiology concepts and techniques and apply them in various microbiological problems
2. Having extensive and deep knowledge in certain microbiology areas in order to develop themselves to a higher academic level.
3. Able to develop themselves to a higher academic level
4. Able to utilize microbiology concepts and techniques independently.
5. Able to use microbiology concepts and techniques to solve environmental, health and medical problems in society.
Clinical Chemistry Concentration
It is expected after graduated from the Biomedical Master Study Program, clinical chemistry concentration, the graduate students:
1. Able to master concepts and techniques of clinical chemistry and apply them in various biomedical problems
2. Having extensive and deep knowledge in the field of clinical chemistry in order to develop themselves to a higher academic level.
3. Able to organize and carry out biomedical research especially in the areas of concentration.
- Having broad insight in biomedical science, especially in the area of concentration.
- Able to develop research in climatic chemistry independently.
- Able to utilize clinical chemistry concepts and techniques to solve health and medical problems in society,
- Able to carry out quality control in an integrated manner and strive in solving examination problems and methodology,
- Able to manage clinical laboratories properly.
1. Bachelor degree (S1) thesis path from an accredited university.
2. Bachelor Graduates from Medical, Dentistry, Biology, Pharmacy, Midwifery, Nursing and other health scholars from accredited State or Private Universities.
3. Have English language skills and academic abilities in accordance with the provisions of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University.
4. Pass the selection test of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University.
5. Never declared dropping out of study in one of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University Study Programs or other postgraduate universities.
6. The bachelor graduates of Hasanuddin University with the title of the best graduates in the last two years would be able to continue their education at the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University in the same field of science without an entrance examination.
The administrative requirement can be seen on the registration page at http://pasca.unhas.ac.id.
SEMESTER AND SEMESTER CREDIT UNIT
|2.||Philosophy of Science and Research Methodology||2||I|
|3.||Cell and Molecular Biology||2||I|
|4.||Thesis Proposal Seminar||2||I|
|7.||Thesis and Final Exam||9||III-IV|
|Optional Courses for Physiology Specialization|
|1.||Neurophysiology & Musculoskeletal System||2||I|
|3.||Research and Laboratory Skills||2||I|
|4.||Endocrine and Reproductive System||2||II|
|6.||Digestive & Metabolic System||2||II|
|8.||Work & Sports Physiology||2||III|
|9.||Physiology of Elderly||2||III|
|Optional Courses for Pharmacology Specialization|
|2.||Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics||3||I|
|8.||Toxicology & Drug Side Effects||1||III|
|9.||Neurotransmitters and Drug Receptors||1||III|
|Optional Courses for Microbiology Specialization|
|5.||Immunology and Serology||2||I|
|Optional Courses for Chemistry Specialization|
|1.||Metabolism, Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins & its Laboratory Aspects||2||I|
|2.||Basic Laboratory Instrumentation||2||II|
|3.||Laboratory Quality & Safety Control||2||II|
|4.||Clinical Chemistry Biomarkers||2||II|
|5.||Laboratory Technology and Laboratory Information Systems||2||II|
|6.||Toxicology and Environmental Chemistry||2||II|
|Optional Courses for Emergency and Disaster Management Specialization:|
|3.||Preparedness & Response Management||4||I|
|5.||Medical Aspect of Emergency Management.||3||I|
|6.||Basic of Emergency & Disaster||3||I|
|7.||Health Administration & Medical Record||1||I|
|8.||Humanitarian Intervention in Emergency: Refugee & IDP Management||2||II|
|10.||Information and Communication||2||II|
|11.||Communicable and Non Communicable Diseases Management||2||II|
|12.||Emergency and Disaster Operation Plan and Management||5||II|
|13.||Integrated Emergency & Disaster Service System||5||II|
|14.||Management of Deceeds||2||III|
|Optional Courses for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Specialization :|
|2.||Genes: expression and regulation||2||II|
|3.||Enzymology: theory, analytical technique, and its application||2||II|
|4.||Structure and macromolecules metabolism||3||II|
|5.||Basic Bioinformatics and Biotechnology||2||II|
|6.||Basic Laboratory Engineering||2||II|
|7.||Critical study and Scientific Seminar I||1||II|
|8.||Molecular biology of bees and bee products||1||III|
|9.||Stem cell biology||1||III|
|Optional Courses for Aging and Regenative Medicine Specialization :|
|1.||Basic Science of Aging||2||I|
|2.||Animal handling and biomolecular laboratory||2||I|
|3.||Aging and Disease I||3||I|
|4.||Aging and Disease 2||3||II|
|5.||Oxidant, Antioxidant and Regenerative Medicine||2||II|
|6.||Behaviour, Lifestyle and Aging||2||II|
|7.||Interventional Strategy of Aging||2||II|
*Note : Study Period from 3 to 8 Semesters
- Prof. dr. Irawan Yusuf., Ph.D
- Prof. dr. Rosdiana Natzir, Ph.D
- Prof. Dr. dr. Suryani AS’ad, M.Sc., Sp.GK.
- Prof. dr. Peter Kabo., Ph.D.
- Prof. dr . M. Nasrun Massi, Ph.D.
- Prof. dr. Mochammad Hatta, Ph.D., Sp.MK.
- Prof. dr. Mansyur Arief, Ph.D., Sp.PK.
- Prof. dr. Elly Wahyudin
- Prof. dr. Lucia Muslimin
- Prof. Akhyar, Ph.D.
- Prof. dr. Ir. Akbar Tahir, DEA.
- Dr. dr. Andi Mardiah Tahir, Sp.OG.(K)
- dr. Marhaen Hardjo, M.Biomed., Ph.D.
- Dr. dr. Wardihan Sinrang., M.Sc.
15. Dr. dr. Ilham Jaya Patellongi, M.Kes.
- Dr. dr. Irfan Idris, M.Kes.
17. Dr. Agussalim Bukhari, Ph.D., Sp.GK.
- Dr. Sitti Wahyuni, Ph.D.
- Dr. Rizalinda, Ph.D.
- Dr. dr. Burhanuddin Bahar, M.Kes.
- dr. Uleng Bahrun, Ph.D., Sp.PK.
- dr. Syafruddin Gaus, Ph.D.
- dr. Isra Wahid, Ph.D.
- dr. Danni Suwandi, Ph.D.
- Dr. Mahmud Ghaznawie, Ph.D., Sp.PA.
26. Dr. Mushawwir Tayeb
27. Dr. Nuhrawi
28. dr. Ariyadi, Ph.D.
PLACE OF STUDY AND FACILITIES
Lectures, seminars and practicums are held at the Hasanuddin University.
Registration opened on February-April and October-November. The selection exam fees payment is Rp. 750,000, – and paid via Bank BTN throughout Indonesia to get a user ID and password (printed on proof of payment). Furthermore, form filling is done online through http://pasca.unhas.ac.id by using the user ID and password.
The tuition fee is Rp. 9.000.000 per semester.
Can be obtained from the Administration Division of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University, Jalan Perintis Kemerdekaan, Kampus UNHAS Tamalanrea Makassar 90245. Phone Number (0411) 585034 – 585036. Fax. : (0411) 585868. E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, website: http://pasca.unhas.ac.id
Dean : Prof. Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Jompa, M.Sc.
– Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs, Scientific Research and Publication:
Prof. Dr. Ir. Laode Asrul, M.P.
– Deputy Dean for Planning, Finance and Resources:
Prof. Dr. Hamka Naping, M.A.
– Deputy Dean for Innovation, Student Affairs, Alumni and Partnerships :
Prof. Dr. Ing. Herman Parung, M.Eng.
Head of the study program:
Dr. dr. Ika Yustisia, S.Ked., M.Sc.
MASTER STUDY PROGRAM
- Clinical Chemistry
- Emergency & Disaster Management
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Aging and Regenative Medicine
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
Jl. Perintis Kemerdekaan, Km. 10
Kampus Tamalanrea, Makassar 90245
Telp. (0411) 585034 – 585036 Fax. : (0411) 585868.
e-mail : email@example.com://pasca.unhas.ac.id